Day 47: Getting Ready
On Saturday, I’m leaving my beautiful, snowy state (by “beautiful,” I mean a specific brand of beautiful… like, that-snow-used-to-be-pristine-but-now-it’s-brown-and-gross kind of beautiful). While I’m away, I’ll be in the sweltering foreign land of Australia.
Needless to say, I’m incredibly excited. My best friend from college currently lives there and will be serving as my travel friend and tour guide.
BF and I spent many a college night eating Easy Mac and coming up with fake stories about fake versions of ourselves. We were the funniest fakers on campus, as was evidenced by our slew of fake friends. I’m anticipating a delightfully fun fake reunion, followed by a real one, followed by days and days of hiking and snorkeling. And possible poisoning.
My dad pointed out that most of the world’s most poisonous species of animals live in Australia. I made the mistake of Googling all of them. My advice to you is to never do that.
That’s my BF and Giant Nemo (not poisonous) in Australia earlier this year.
In preparation for my trip, I’ve made a preliminary packing list:
- Swimsuit (obviously)
- Backup swimsuit (Since I didn’t already have a backup swimsuit, I quickly bought one on clearance from J.Crew. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find a pretty color for under $10/piece, so I bought a suit the exact same color as my skin, covered in white polka dots. I’m not sure why it was on clearance.)
- SPF one million sunscreen
- My seven-year-old laptop (How else will I blog?)
- At least eight pairs of shoes
- A bunch of hardcover books
- Advil for when I hurt my back carrying all those shoes and books
- My blue ‘Go Fly a Kite’ fanny pack
I will continue to refine my list as the date approaches. Until then, feel free to let me know if I’m missing anything.